Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Guinness


In honor of Saint Patricks day day I decided to drink an Irish favorite.   Guinness is a popular Irish dry stout that originated in the brewery of Author Guinness (1725–1803) at St. James's Gate, Dublin.  Guinness is one of the most successful beer brands worldwide. It is brewed in almost 60 countries and is available in over 100.  850 million litres (1.5 billion imperial or 1.8 billion US pints) are sold annually.

Well poured with a good, firm head and typical Guinness appearance.  Due to it's more filling nature this beer dose not look pleasant in a glass. Pours a foamy which lingers and is as black as the night.

Very bold flavor, at the end of the day though, this is not a bad tasting beer at all. And unlike other macro beers, it doesn't taste like water.  One thing I noticed is that there are nice malt flavors, but not much of a hops flavor.

 Overall a fairly simple yet good drink that you can easily drink 4 or 5 without noticing.  You won’t have to twist my arm too hard to get me to drink one.  The only think that me and my friends disagree on is how it is severed.  I prefer tap while they prefer a bottle.  So what to you think can/bottle/draft? 

Thanks for all the support... leave comments.






1 comment:

  1. The worst way to drink Guiness is out of a can. Gotta go with a bottle or on draft.

    ReplyDelete